Notes & Details
This chart details the furthest back I have got with each line that makes up my ancestry, in chronological order. Usually with the oldest ancestor there is very little known as they represent the current limit of my research, and often the information may be rather shakey. Please get in touch if you think you can help with anything.
In order to keep some control over this concept I am concentrating on the male ancestor of each line, with the wife noted also. Of course, they are both legitimate ancestors, indeed the wife may be the elder - it is purely for organisation's sake.
One of the oldest family photos in my collection (1860s?), daguerreotype, artificially brightened. Unknown person from the Higson or Pritchard lines.
and Mary ASTLEY
1662 - marriage at Ellenhall, 1664 son Samuel born at Ellenhall.
and Dorothy JAMES
1675 - marriage at Lichfield Cathedral. Stanton line could go back to George STANTON & Elizabeth EDWARDS m. 1594, Worfield.
and Elizabeth (?)
- daughter Priscilla born, Shifnal, Shropshire. Of Oakengates. Son Thomas marr Eleanor DAINTY at Shifnal in 1720. Pritchard line
and Catherine PEAKE
1699 - marriage, Ellenhall. Eccleston of Ellenhall, Staffordshire.
and Mary BUCKENHAM
1699 - born to John Harding (mother could be Abi Winter). Lived Drinkstone, Suffolk. Married a widow, Mary Buckenham, 1724. aka Eliasin or Eliakin.
and Agnes ANDERSON
1709 - born. First wife Elspet PHILP (marr. 1740). Married Agnes 1753. Children born in Kilrenny, Fife.
and Jean WALKER
1715 - approx year of birth. Son Henry married Margaret WALKER.
and Catherine HARDING
1715 - approx year of birth. A widower when he married Catherine, 1755, Kettlebaston, Suffolk. Died 1801.
and Ann CLARK
1720 - approx year of birth. Daughter Margaret married Henry BLYTH.
and Ann WINFIELD (widow)
1738 - born. The Fords of Staffordshire - Hopton, Rough Close, Fulford, Stone ...
and Rosamond HOLMES
and Euphim STEADMAN
and Katherine CUTHBERT
1755 - marriage, Rescobie, Angus. Phillip ancestor.
and May DEER
- born. Daughter Agnes REEKIE had illegitimate son in Carnbee, 1806, with James Horsburgh, shipwright. Horsburgh line
and Sarah BARNET
1757 - marriage, Haughton, Staffordshire. Son, Charles LEES b. 1776.
and Jean HUTT
- son Archibald born, Errol. Ewing
line. Son George GRAY married Annie ROSS.
and Elizabeth HOLLINS
- marriage in Hanbury, Staffordshire. Robert a 'sojourner'. Hodgkins line
and Dorothy COLLIS
- marriage (at Ellastone?). Dorothy probably remarried to William COPE in 1775. Hodgkins line
and Tabitha DAVIS
- married in Wolford, Warwickshire. Sherriff and Hodgkins line
and Margaret GILLETLIE
- marriage, Errol, Perthshire. A flax dresser. Son Robert FORD married Mary FARQUHARSON. Ewing line
and Elizabeth BUTLER
and Helen or Margaret STUART
- first son born, possibly Dysart, Fife. Ewing line
- birth of son, Josiah around this date. A knife grinder, father of Josiah and James of Uttoxeter. Hodgkins line
and Jane FORGAN
- possible birth, Dysart, Fife. Married Jane in Dysart 1794, both d.1841. Parents could be Henry WRIGHT and Mary BELL. Ewing line
and Eleanor FENTON
- born abt. this year. Bagnall line and Pritchards
and Margaret BROWN
and Agnes INGLIS
- married, Dunbar, East Lothian. Also Denham. A labourer. Son John married Grace CHAPMAN. Horsburgh line
and Margaret SCOTT
and Elizabeth McLAREN
1775 - married, Cults, Fife. Daughter Helen married William BLYTH 1802, Creich.
- marriage, Dudley, Worcestershire. Spittle leading to Gill line to Pritchard
and Girsil ARNOT
1776 - marriage, Kinnell, Angus. Phillip ancestor.
1776 - approx date daughter Mary Ann born (married William SCOTT). Mary's daughter Betsy married James HENDERSON 1828.
and Euphan SUTTIE
and Jean DORMANT or DORMAND
1779 - marriage, Inverkeilor, Angus. A farmer.
and Margaret TESTAR
1780 - daughter born, Rescobie, Angus. A crofter. Phillip ancestor.
and Ann WHITE
1780 - son David born, Abernethy. Son David married Ann PATTERSON 1803, Logie.
and Agnes LANGLANDS
1781 - marriage, Forfar, Angus. A farmer. Also - ‘servant to John Dair in Parish of Rescobie’. Phillip ancestor.
- born, Chatburn, Lancashire. A weaver. Higson line
and Elspeth FARQUHARSON
1787 - marriage, Kirkton of Glenisla, Angus. Confusion here as Charles is also referred to as Thomas and Elspeth is also referred to as Catherine and Margaret. Rough ancestor.
and Catherine MONCUR
1789 - birth, lived and died in Glamis, Angus. A carter and labourer.
and Adey or Edey (Adelaide) ASTON
- born Shropshire. A collier, murdered in 1851. Father probably Joseph PRITCHARD. Pritchard line
EWING or EWAN, James
and Helen CLARK
- marriage, Scone, Perth. A farmer. Ewing line
and Susannah LEVELL
- married at Brettenham, Suffolk. d.1804, probably London. Ewing line
and May MILLAR
- born Kirkcaldy or Falkland, Fife. Father William BIRRELL, mother not known. Son John BIRRELL, Anstruther (d.1840). Auchterlonie line
and Elizabeth CAMERON
1796 - marriage, Alyth, Perthshire. Henderson line leading to the Laings and Blyths.
and Jane HODGKINSON
- born, Crookesmore, Sheffield, Yorkshire. A chimney sweep. Hodgkins line
1799 - son Benjamin born, Radnore Lane nr Gnosall, Staffordshire. Daughter Mary HARRISON married John ECCLESTONE 1831.
and Sarah SPITTLE
and Elizabeth STEVENSON
Mary Ann BELL
1802 - marriage, Dumfries. A linen weaver.
and Deborah BURNS
- first child born, Norton, Staffordshire. Deborah born c.1781. Bagnall line and Pritchards
and Alice INMAN
- born, Marsden, Lancashire. Coal miner. Probably son to Thomas Higson and Ann Hartley of Colne. Higson line
and Ann McDONALD
- son born, Little Dunkeld, Perthshire. A farmer. See Cameron
and Elizabeth GILBERT
CRONSHAW or CRANKSHAW, James
and Ellen COCK
- wife, Ellen, born 1811, Colne, Lancashire. Lived Higher Booths. Father of Nancy Cronshaw / Crowther / Higson. Higson line
- daughter Hannah DUFFIELD born. Married James HODGKINS 1841, Uttoxeter. Hodgkins line.
and Barbara STEVENSON
- daughter born, France. 'Sergeant in the 42nd Regiment'. Cameron line
and Ann CLARK
1823 - illegitimate daughter Elizabeth born, Markinch, Fife. Ann (Isabella on 1851 census) CLARK born Dysart abt. 1801.
and Elspeth ROBB
1824 - marriage, Coupar, Angus. Ploughman. Rough ancestor.
and Ann THOMSON
1825 - marriage, Ceres, Fife. Ploughman, died before 1851.